Wednesday 29 April 2020

This is cheese

I was doing some reading on study ladder and learning about cheese and how it is made.
Mum said she had some different cheese in the fridge if I wanted to taste it.



Double cream blue cheese 


                                           This is the cheese out of the wrapper and this it double cream blue cheese and on the outside it has black wax all around it. The wax on the outside of the cheese helps to stop mould growing on it.
                                        This is me eating the cheese. I thought the cheese tasted gross and I had to spit it out after trying it. Mum laughed at me she thought it was really funny. She likes this cheese on crackers. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Toby
    I love how you have extended your reading about cheese, and got to taste some different types.
    I would have to agree with you, I think blue cheese is pretty gross too, and I would probably spit it out. I do love cheese and crackers, my favourite cheeses are probably camebert and plain old colby! What is your favourite cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toby, I am very proud that you tasted blue cheese. It is not my favourite cheese at all and I avoid it all cost! I like how you were reading about blue cheese and then you and mum went a little further digging into cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Toby, thats being very brave. I didnt used to like it either but I'm getting better and it is very nice with pears. I like how you have been researching cheese. Do you know you can make it at home yourself. It;s really simple and then you can add some nice flavours. Mum might like to help you do this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Toby.
    Was it yum or yuck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Toby
    That was awesome that you tried the cheese - it was very brave of you! A lot of children your age wouldn't even try it! It's only been in the last few years that I have decided that I like this cheese - actually I love all cheese! What sort of cheese do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie really likes cheese Toby. I do too, but I am not so keen on blue cheese. Do you know what blue cheese is? There a so many different kinds of cheeses. Was your cheese made from cows milk or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wished I had recorded you tasting it, the look on your face certainly was priceless!
    I was very proud of you for trying something new, as I know I have to pester you to do it, normally 😊 Well done, may there be plenty more things that you try in the future

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.