Sunday 3 May 2020

Lockdown Present


My new bike




We went to Greymouth yesterday to pick up my new bike. 
We had to go to Dads work in Greymouth to pick it up they had put the wrong town on the address and it wouldn't have been delivered to Hokitika.


The bike came in a box on a crate. 
it was sitting on this frame 
Dad and i had to put the wheels on it we had to use blocks of wood to lift the bike up and use his tools to put it togther


 It is a automatic bike. That means no gears to change like my Dads bike. My Mums bike has gears that she has to change when she rides it.
I do have this foot gear leaver this is for forward and reverse. If you are in reverse you have to put it in neutral then drive to go forward 


This is the handle bars. It has brakes and the throttle. My bike also has head lights the switch is here. The lights have high and low beam
This bike has a thumb throttle. Some bikes have twist leavers to make it go


Today I got to go for a ride when the rain stopped
It was so much fun. We went to the beach. We are able to go to the beach as it is close to our house and in our bubble 

Mum took some photo's for me
I can not wait to go over to the beach again and use my bike.
I did a donut on my bike and I drifted it as well. 










11 comments:

  1. Hi Toby
    Wow! You are super lucky to get a Lockdown present! My boys used to have an automatic bike like this too. They are lots of fun! You might ride past my house Toby, when you ride on the beach - but I wouldn't even see you! Was it a wee bit scary riding your bike for the first time by yourself Toby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i new who to ride a motor bike because i have anther motor bike as will as that one

      Delete
    2. you could put something down on the beach so I know how far it is to your place. We went your way yesterday on the bikes and i could not work out where you were

      Delete
  2. Wahoo Toby!! That is a very cool thing to get. I am sure you will have lots and lots of fun on it. Drifting and a donut?? You must be a pretty good rider then. No gears that is good not to worry about changing them. Maybe when you get bigger you might get one with gears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do a dount and drifting and i do not have gears on that motor bike

      Delete
  3. Great blogging Toby, What special gear do you have to wear when you ride?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Chris i only wear a helmet but you can get special boots special clothes

      Delete
  4. Wow - what a great time to get a new bike. You have certainly written a great piece of writing to explain how you and Dad put your new bike together. It is lucky that you live so close to the beach as well as it is a really good place to try out your new wheels. Where do you want to go riding when you can go anywhere you want again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have a motorbike track that our neighbours made out the back paddock i really want to go over there and have a go on it on my bike i have used dads bike but not mine yet it has to be in the weekend when dads home from work

      Delete
  5. Wahoo Toby! That is so cool. I wish I had one. How much petrol have you burned through?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i haven't checked yet but have been riding a lot

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.