Friday 3 September 2021

Boys Brigade

 Boys Brigade Lockdown Activities 

August 25th 2021 By Toby and Mum


I wasn’t too happy to hear Mum had contacted John while I was out with Dad in the truck to find out about activities for brigade but when she said John had said no we would wait until Friday to see what happens and sort it next week It was ok. I was a little upset I might not get all my stars to carry on to the gold section but mum said im sure there will be a chance to do something to make these days up if and when we can. Then Charlotte messaged Mum and said she was happy to hear I wanted to do some extra things that she would send them to Mum. They weren’t too bad and I got to choose what ones I wanted to do and if I wanted to do them. 


The three tasks were

1. Identify 5 native plants and take a leaf or bark rubbing. 

2. Prepare and cook breakfast, lunch or tea

    Extra star for setting the table

3. Create my own obstacle course and time myself doing it


I thought really, I’m not cooking I can’t do that but after talking to Mum and deciding that it could be an easy one like chicken wraps, Yes that was going to be the first thing I’ll do.

Below are the photo’s Mum took of me preparing, cooking and plating the chicken wraps I made. I really wasn’t into cooking the chicken. I’ve been in the kitchen when the pan has spat at mum and didn’t like it. Mum said she wouldn’t let that happen to me so we started prepping. I first started with cutting up mushrooms and putting them into a pan with some butter. These were for mum’s wraps, I don’t like mushrooms.

I cut the chicken up watching the sharp knife. It was hard to get used to cutting something like chicken but I got there. I put it into a bowl with oil and the crumb mix. Mixed it all around. Mum got the pan hot and I put the chicken into the pan to cook. It didn’t spit but I was still afraid of the pan and dropped a piece right after mum took the photo of me placing the chicken on the pan. We rubbished that piece as you can’t cook it after it’s been on the floor. Yuck 

Mum carried on cooking the chicken after this as I was not going to do it anymore. While mum was cooking the chicken I set the table for us. Placemats knife and fork a glass for a drink and a paper towel for our hands afterward. Yes the knives and forks were just for show as we used our hands to eat these

Once the chicken was cooked she put it into a dish with a paper towel to drain any extra oil off of the chicken.

We put the wraps in the microwave to warm them up I spread mayonnaise onto them added cheese after that to mine and lettuce first to mums ones. Mushrooms for mum’s sour cream for both of them the chicken on top.

They were really easy to make and really yummy to eat. Making them myself I felt really good and if mum lets me I’d do it again. I might even have a go and try something else next time.


Now I have to choose my next activity to do and get more stars 





 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.