Wednesday 1 September 2021

Mrs Kings Day off hunt

 Mrs King gave the whole school a day off on the 31st of August as we had all been working so well over the first week of lockdown. Did you know that this is the last day of winter and we go into spring on the 1st of September. I like September as it's my birthday month. I know lots of people born in September my karate teacher Zephyr my mum and it's also the start of whitebait fishing

This whole scavenger hunt made me think 

Mrs King's scavenger hunt has 30 different things we had to find. The sunny day made it nice to go outside and look for things. Mum decided it would be nice to go for a walk so we jumped in the car and we got very surprised when the police officer stopped her for speeding. He didn't give her a ticket but told her we shouldn't be driving to go for a walk in level 4 we could do it tomorrow in level 3 thou. We were right beside the Mananui walkway so we went there instead of the Mahinapua one that Mum wanted to go to.  


Found something unexpected when Mum got pulled over                      this is the same type of police car as we didn't get a photo




I never noticed the Manannui Walkway before. we travel pass this everyday and I thought it was just some bush. It's a walk that goes down to the beach only takes 20 minutes to do the walk. 


These are some of the things we found along the walk we did



This is what I seen up very high 
it was fun walking through the bush 

      





This weka was hiding in the bush                 this is something round a fishing buoy on a round fence post




This is the beach at Mananui looking down towards our place. Mum said the mountain in the distance is Mt Cook or Aoraki. This is something that makes me happy and helps me relax. I can not see anything in the sky and that makes a big change to the clouds we have had for the last couple of days. 


I wonder where the dog came from that made these prints in the sand? I wonder what type of dog it is? 
                 
















These two stones have spots on them. I'm going to paint the other side of these and then put back along the track for someone to find.



  

These next photos were a really cool find.

 
Walking along the track to the beach you couldn't see this hollow tree with stones in them you could only see it when walking back to the carpark 

This next find was very hard to get a good photo this is a white striped mushroom we found on the side of the track 



these tiny pebbles i found on the beach I thought the green one may have been a piece of greenstone

I couldn't find all the things on our walk so I started to look around home as well and these are what I found

When we got home it was time for lunch and mum made me a snack of tatties they smell good



Mum has a plant in her garden that has a beautiful flower this is the tree 

this is a magnolia tree the leaves come after it has flowered



This has been very intricate to make. there are lots and lots of pieces to make it this far. I'm over half way through it. i hope I can get it finished by the end of lockdown. it has taken me a few months doing it while it rains with the help of my dad
This is the motor for the forklift. I have a remote to be able to move it when it is finished












This is something colourful in my home. These are my karate belts that I have got. 





When we were at the beach we found the sea and that is wet and cold but that was to easy mum said so I had to think a little more and after chatting to mum about different things my dogs nose is wet and cold 

Something soft
Both my cats are soft and make a sound when they purr






This is Naharla




This is Fluffy











these photo's were hard to get and I had to do some research to make sure they were unique to new zealand in the bowl there are wax eyes eating the bread mum put in it. The wax eye was first recorded  in new zealand in 1832 and since there is no evidence that it was artificially introduced it is classified as a native bird




this is marley sitting at the bottom trying to catch a bird that might drop down Mum says she is naughty


This is my last one and it is the best one of all 

Something that moves 
something that makes me happy 
something that smells good 
something that makes a sound 
something i appreciate 
something special 
something symmetriccal or the closet I could find in my search outside
something I could give away but I am not going to 
something that makes me think
All these things are my motorbike 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Toby, it looks like you had super fun day you had. That was a little bit funny that the police stopped you and your mum yesterday. There have been lots of police out this way during lockdown! I didn't realize that you could still actually get 'tatties'....yum! It was also good that your motorbike fitted into so many categories. Do you think Mrs King will give us another day off to enjoy the sunshine in lockdown?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.